Sunday 22 February 2009

Kiah Super Star!!

Kiah has won into Grade 3 and I am so immensely proud of her!!! We were at the Newton Heath agility show yesterday and had travelled up with Lisa (thank you for driving) and her Belgians, partly for the ABC qualifier, but I was also looking forward to this show simply because it was the first 'proper' agility show of the season, and what a brilliant way to start. Unfortunately I messed up the ABC run, as I didn't call Kiah quickly enough off a jump, but it became a good opportunity to hold her on the contacts, just for proofing purposes. But this was our second run and was overshadowed by our win which I already knew about by this time, I can't stop smiling! Our winning run did feel good, I stayed calm and therefore so did Kiah, nice solid contacts and it was obviously fast too, with a time of 19 seconds, she is a very special dog and I couldn't ask for anything more.

Thank you to everyone who has congratulated me, phoned, emailed, put messages on that is lovely I am really touched by everyone's kind wishes. Our next agility show isn't until the beginning of April, so due to the rule change about moving grades, I will be in Grade 3 at the very next show I do. But I am not complaining, I am really looking forward to the challenge and can't wait!!

No comments: